MORE ABOUT ED MOORE
Ed Moore is running for Garland City Council District 3 because he is passionate about local government and he is committed to our city. Ed and wife Dianne moved to Garland in 2004 and have three children. Ed, an avid fisherman, was drawn to Garland because of its proximity to Lake Ray Hubbard. Dianne loved the new Emerald Lake Estates neighborhood where the family settled.
In addition to service in the clergy for the United Methodist Church, Ed has also launched several successful businesses. He has a strong background in business and financial planning. He also has advanced degrees in criminal justice, political science and divinity.
Ed's involvement in the community is extensive. He is a graduate of Class 44 of the Garland Citizen Police Academy. He serves as President of the Emerald Lake Estates Homeowners Association. He served as Chair of the Garland Community Multicultural Commission. Ed was also appointed to serve on the Garland Eastern Hills Advisory Committee, as well as the Friends of South Garland Board of Directors. Ed also served on the Garland Planning and Advisory Committee to discover and implement plans to regenerate growth and development for the city. Ed project managed the Garland Mosaic Festival and Noon Exchange First Responders and Leadership Award programs.
Ed's platform is taking care of basics for the city and his district while also thinking ahead strategically to ensure Garland's prosperity and quality of life into the future. He knows fundamental services are the most important thing to many residents. He will work for good streets, sidewalks and infrastructure. He'll ensure code compliance for safe, attractive neighborhoods. He also knows that everyone deserves to feel safe wherever they go in Garland, so he is a strong supporter of police and fire.
Ed is a collaborative leader. He knows job one is listening to residents of District 3, learning what matters to them, and then being a strong voice for his constituents at City Hall. Ed will have an open-door policy so that residents' concerns are understood and given attention.
EDUCATION & CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
1964-65: Booker T. Washington High School
• ROTC/NDCC High School Cadet
1966-67: F.D. Roosevelt High School
1967-68: Parks Job Corps Center, Pleasanton, California
1968-71: U.S. Army Military Police Corps
• Fort Bliss, Texas (Basic Training)
• Fort Gordon, Georgia (AIT Training)
• USROK – United States/Republic of Korea (Top Secret Clearance)
• Fort Sill, Oklahoma (Desk Sgt./Patrol Officer/CID)
• Fort Chaffee (Fort Smith), Arkansas (AWOL Apprehension Team)
1971-73: El Centro Jr. College, Dallas, Texas
• Criminal Justice/Major, Psychology/Minor
1973-75: Bishop College, Dallas, Texas
• Criminal Justice/Major, Political Science/Minor
1973-75: Department of Justice, Bureau of Prisons
• Seagoville, Texas, Correctional Officer
1975-79: Department of Justice, Bureau of Prisons
• Fort Worth, Texas, Correctional Counselor (Women/Men Substance Controls and Alcohol)
1979-85: Department of Justice, Bureau of Prisons
• Lexington, Kentucky, Correctional Supervisor (Trainer: Riot Disturbance Control, Akeido Self-Defense Instructor, Senior Investigative Supervisor)
1985-95: Ed Moore & Associates
• Insurance and Financial Planning, Life/Health/Securities, Western Pioneer Life, Kentucky Central Life, Metropolitan Life Insurance & Investments
1995: The United Methodist Church
• 1996 - Master of Divinity
• 2001 - Doctor of Ministry
2014: Garland Neighborhood Crimewatch Coordinator
2015: Garland Citizens Police Academy
• Class 44 Graduate
2019: Noon Exchange Club of Garland
• Project Managed, First Responders and Leadership Awards Banquet Dinner
Ed Moore's campaign needs your help. Use the contact form to sign up for email news, order a yard sign, or tell us you want to volunteer.
Fill out this form to join our email list and receive campaign updates.
Ed Moore for Garland City Council District 3
P.O. Box 494648 Garland, TX 75049-4648
Copyright © 2021 Ed Moore campaign
POL. ADV. PAID BY ED MOORE CAMPAIGN